Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My experience using Excel

If I've ever told someone I enjoyed using Microsoft Excel... I was lying. Truthfully, I've always done anything and everything I could to avoid using this program. I can do simple tables and apply formulas and such, I sometimes think that Excel may just be a little above my level. My father LOVES making spreadsheets and tables using excel, but I unfortunately didn't get that gene. Since I've been in class, I have in fact learned a few new useful tools when using Excel. I learned how to use the "If" function which could be very helpful in the future. If a class project or even a future job has me make a spreadsheet and display which items are above or below a price, or number, I can use the "If" formula and easily get my answers. This handy tool will save me a great deal of time that I can use to accomplish other things. 
Excel is very useful for some academic fields and businesses because they, too, can use these same tools. The beauty of using such an advanced program as Excel, allows the user to create the spreadsheet they want without using up all their time. 
Though I was once semi-against using Excel, I think I've come to terms with it and won't avoid it (as much) anymore.  

No comments: